Thursday, April 30, 2015

Vacuum


Hey!  How are you?  I have been waiting for you!  Let's go see nature's pretties.   They soothe us and uplift us.


IMG_8097






IMG_8503
There is a vignette/table setting for us here.  I pulled some blue and green colors for this table.  All the roses are from the yard.  I tucked some loropetalum in as well.  Blue willow plates with three blue pitchers sitting on a Spring green tablecloth.




IMG_8504
Did I tell you my granddog hates my vacuum cleaner?  Yes, it's the dreaded vacuum.  There is a commercial that shows an older cat explaining things to the kitten about the house he has come to live in.  One thing that is of upmost importance is the vacuum.  The older cat says vacuum with a heavy accent to show how sinister the vacuum really is.


IMG_8081
I don't think Jacques has seen the commercial but when the vacuum is being used he runs from where he is to aggressively bark and scare off the vacuum from attacking our home.  Jacques has a very deep voice like singer Barry White.  He made me nervous when I just met him because he sounds so aggressive.  But he's a sweety!  However all his macho barking causes my female schnauzer, Layla, to get really outdone with him and she is nipping at him.  She has no problem with the vacuum but doesn't like his barking and isn't sure why he is.
Layla, is in serious need of a haircut.  She doesn't have smooth hair, it's rough and picks up every leaf in the yard.  She has Velcro hair.  It's not that it is so terribly long but she picks up everything from the yard.  So she keeps bringing in the little pieces of leaves and I keep vacuuming.  Then you can guess what happens all over again.
And you get to see the commercial here.




IMG_8060
Wild flowers along side of the road.


IMG_8114
Canadian Geese


IMG_8439




IMG_8020
We were riding down the road and happened to see hundreds, if not thousands, of irises growing down here.  They were on both sides of the road.  I imagine they have been here a long time.


IMG_8071
Honeysuckle




IMG_8415






IMG_8068
Privet blooms




IMG_8434




IMG_8007
Do you remember me telling you about my gorillas in the mist?  Well I think these photos show what I am really living beside.  When it's foggy, I really start looking for somebody to be climbing up and swinging from those trees!


IMG_7997




IMG_8444




IMG_8533
Afterwards, the roses came inside to sit on the coffee table.


IMG_8090




Jan







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Jan, you know I love your living room and I'm also quite fond with the photos of the fence and the yellow flowers, gorgeous!
    Have a great weekend,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gina! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete