Saturday, January 31, 2015

Another Sweet Day


Hello!  I hope you are having a good day.  It’s getting near Valentine’s Day and I have brought out a little sweetness to our living room.  Of course I rearranged it first.  It’s just simple things that feel good for Valentine’s Day.

I brought the sofa table that did live behind one of the sofas when it was catty corner and pulled it out of the corner and it is now sitting beside the fireplace.  To balance the red sofas I used a red tablecloth on the sofa table since it sits to the right of one and across from the other red sofa. So the room feels balanced with the red distributed equally in the room.  Did any of that make sense?


I try to always have candles on the coffee table.  They always make a room feel more cozy.  I don’t usually style my coffee table but try to have something pretty on it.  I did have a candelabra but being the klutz that I am I broke it.  You can guess what I was doing when it got broke.  Yes, I was rearranging! Ha!





Those red berries from the yard.  They are still looking great and are right on the mark for Valentine’s Day color.  Mrs. Marsala chair is living across the room now beside the chest that did have the tv on it.  I have a runner on the chest that matches the curtains.





This is the chest that I did have the tv on.  Red roses sitting on a white bowl with a red rim.






A throw with lots of roses.  This sofa is living in front of the bookshelf.  A very sweet gift from my talented sister-in-law hangs on my closet door.  How lucky was I that the blue matches the rugs?!







We have a lot of books and I stacked some on the round table that is sitting in the corner.














A close up of that tablecloth.  You can see the table setting with it turned backwards here.  Rosey plates that hold my hearts.







Jan




here.

2 comments: