Friday, December 2, 2016

A Real Christmas Tree With Bold Blue


Yes, I stayed up all night again.  We have been getting so much rain and we are supposed to have more this weekend.  So I was up trying to get everything ready for photos as soon as the light was good in the morning.  Except I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up I couldn't tell if it was 10:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon.  That's what four hours of sleep will do.  But the sun was up and gorgeous so I have been working on photos to share with you.


We went with a real tree this year.  It's been a long time since we went real.  I never thought I would want a smaller tree but I was wrong.  She's petite and on a table but packing a punch of delight for us.  Flocking was the first thing required this year.  I have been interested in a flocked tree but didn't want to buy a large faux one until I tried the look with a real one that didn't require a bigger expense.


img_0302

The mister said he would take care of flocking the tree if I let him do it the way he wanted to.  No supervising was allowed from me.  I was very happy to forfeit any such role of   (Can you tell I have been watching The Crown?!)    He did follow the directions on the box for flocking and it worked well. I found information on it through this link here.   He let the flocking dry for a while and then blew the sidewalk and the tree with the blower.  It took off the loose snow so we wouldn't be tracking that in.   The flocking came out beautifully.  It was so pretty with just lights that I was tempted to go with just that.  Well I was tempted for a little while....


Red and white berries, white trees, deep pink hydrangeas and red roses decorate the tree.  I also used some white dusters in the tree.  They are deep in the tree so that they aren't super obvious but give it another dimension.  I searched high and low and finally found some through a office supply company but they weren't able to fill my whole order but close to half of it.  You can see the white snowy spots in the tree.


img_0368




img_0205


Blue and white Spode plates with ornaments of the same color on the tree.  I love using blue at Christmas.  It keeps things from going too warm for me.  I am going to share a post very soon on how I got these terrific ornaments.  Blue and white is very popular but can be expensive.  It doesn't have to be though.  Stay tuned for that!


img_0336




img_0391



Jan



http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/12/make-pretty-monday-week-201.html

No comments:

Post a Comment