Saturday, June 18, 2016

Fathers


Hello, I hope you are enjoying this Father's Day weekend.  This is my third time to share this post.  I think it can resonate with any of us on this very special day.  A day to be thankful and reflect on memories.  Memories of our husbands, fathers and grandfathers.

Very old Family Bible.  Time long ago spent.

IMG_9247



Baby's birth so long ago.

IMG_9248




He smoked a pipe.  So did my grandfather.

IMG_9250



IMG_9255

Mug used for shaving.

IMG_9256


Old roses in a old French Press.

IMG_9262


Tokens of lives lived

IMG_9265



IMG_9269



Jan





1 comment:

  1. This was such a nice post! For Father's day, I made a shadow box for hubby with his Dad's well worn Bible, his glasses (the old gold wire kind) papers that I got out of the Bible that had his hand written notes, his pocket watch and a couple of other trinkets. Hubby packed it right up and took it to his office, so I think he liked it :^). Now my brother has decided that I need to get busy and make him one with our Dad's stuff.
    Blessings to you and have a lovely long weekend,
    J

    ReplyDelete