Monday, February 23, 2015

Nest of Roses


Hey!  How are ya’ll?  It seems it really started with a cardinal’s nest.  My mister had found it this past Fall.  We have a table on the back porch and it sat there.  It sat there for weeks and weeks and weeks.  I would stop and look and try to think of how I might use it.  But I never could.  The mister started to throw it away this past weekend but something made him wait.

I have found I can put together prettier images when I have little to work with.  Necessity is the mother of invention they say.  So I had two pretty roses left from my birthday and Valentine’s Day.  I wanted to create beauty.

I gathered some of my dried hydrangeas from last Summer.   I used them on my Christmas tree this year as well.  I gathered some of them and red berries that were left from the bushes in the yard.

The cardinal’s bird nest holds the pretty red roses surrounded by the red berries and faded dried hydrangeas.  The nest is sitting in a bowl I ran across while in Alabama this past summer.

Nature’s glory with so many doing their part.  The cardinals left their offspring’s home.  The hydrangeas were so bold and blue this past summer only to fade to soft colors of green.  The bushes with red berries in the yard that I never notice except in the Winter when they are just as showy as the male cardinals that fly in our yard.  All so simple separately but together they create beauty.







I brought it in to try and get more photos because it was so cold.


After inside, I placed in on a mirror that sat on the old tattered lace tablecloth.





It gave the room a softer feel because of it.






Nature can do that.















Jan





1 comment: