Thursday, November 13, 2014

Last Christmas


Hey!  How are you?  Are you getting into the Christmas spirit yet?  I wasn’t until I started listening to a few Christmas songs.  That always seems to do the trick!  I haven’t decorated yet but I thought I would share a few photos from last year.


I originally had this very old mirror on my mantel in the living room, it lives on the buffet by the dining table now.  I bought most of these decorations on the mantel last fall.  I wanted to try something different so I went with the silver and gold as new additions.  I always try out different looks before I make up my mind and that can take a while. I end up trying different things together and in different places.  Oh! and the mess it makes…   So I started trying out the Christmas décor on the mantel first. ( Notice the price tag I left on the wreath!)







But I finally noticed it!  The red reindeer has lost a leg and an antler but we keep putting him back together, I have always loved him.  The mercury glass balls ~ I like to say they are mercury but have no idea if they are or not, probably not.  A couple of years ago, I noticed they were very dusty and I washed them with dishwashing detergent.   They were originally burgundy but the color came off all of them except for a couple.  They have this very pretty mercury glass look now.   I just got really really lucky.










This was another look I tried on the mantel.  My greatgrandmother’s art centered on top of the vintage mirror with a garland.  Love how the imperfections on the mirror are showing.







Ran across these candleholders in a discount store.  Love the colors!








See what I mean?!  This was what was originally on the mantel and I decided to try it in here.  I had just come across the oval mirror.





The dining table set for Christmas.  My daughter gave me a sarong to decorate with for Christmas.  That’s it draped over my wooden pedestal bowl with balls in it. Only you can't see the wooden bowl because it's covered by the sarong!  Ha!    The greenery is from the yard and woods.


You can see it better here.









I really get serious about ‘playing’ at Christmas.





'Playing’ with the mirror again, I brought in red berries from the yard.







My ‘granny curtains’, did I mention that One Kings Lane had a sofa on their site a while back that matches my curtains?   Yes ma’am!  Did I buy it?  No ma'am.But






But it sure validates my point!  Remember that song?  It’s hip to be square!  That's me!  I’m dancing!








Jan

http://www.frenchcountrycottage.net/2014/11/feathered-nest-friday_13.html#more




No comments:

Post a Comment