Monday, October 10, 2016

Pockets of Fall Splendor


The weather has been delicious here.  I can't get over how much more optimistic one feels when the temperature and humidity go down.  There are little pockets of Fall splendor to be seen along the roads and yards.  To be perfectly honest with you, it will be much harder to do posts on anything indoors with all the seasonal gems of beauty starting to come out to be admired.  There is nothing more grand than feeling the chilly air after months of heat and humidity.  The leaves turning colors are such gifts to be enjoyed.  This is such a magical time of year.  The holidays always feel like they begin with the cool temps and leaves turning colors.

This tablescape started off well enough but I knew it wasn't what I really was going for.  After seeing all the beauty this past weekend, I wanted to wallow in the Autumn beauty like a puppy in a pile of leaves.


img_7122



img_7089


So I threw Fall branches on the table with lots of loose 'leaves'.  Those leaves are actually dried rose petals.   The color was perfect and it felt more joyous.  Now I could pretend to know what it feels like to be a puppy in the Fall!  Copper tub with dried hydrangeas and dried roses are the starting point on the table.  One medium size white pumpkin on a stack of vintage books in colors that very much say Fall.  Cobalt blue wine goblets beside pink ones reinforce the colors used.  The blue and white Currier & Ives dinner plates were my grandmother's and I remember eating on them as a little girl.

img_7134



img_7190



img_7135


Here are my grandparents, parents and siblings.  It looks like it must have been Christmas and we are using the very same dinner plates.

many-christmases-ago


Spider webs have popped up everywhere in the yard and on the back porch.

img_7077


The leaves are starting to fall in places in my back yard.

img_7041

The camellias are starting to bloom.

img_7010


I saw these and thought they were so pretty...anybody know what this is?

img_7225


The sky was incredible.  I took these along the interstate, hanging out the window....well, technically it was the camera hanging out the window.

img_7255


Just a little later....

img_7277


And when we were turning off, I only had a few seconds to take this.

img_7290


I hope you have a great week!


Jan






















No comments:

Post a Comment