Monday, August 22, 2016

Gallery Wall Reflection


I have had some fun playing with the mantel.  The mister rehung the mirror for me.  It's tilted a little lower into the room and is reflecting the room well.  When my mister moved the mirror it left a blank spot around the green chest.  I keep saying I am going to paint the chest blue, but when the desire to paint comes over me I just sit down and wait until it passes.  It works every time!  Now every time I took a photo of the mirror I kept seeing this empty spot so I knew I had to do something with it.  That area has never received attention like it should have but I was always a little perplexed as to what to do with it.  I have art with similar colors and decided to group them there along with my daughter's baby photo.  So I went to work on a gallery wall for this spot.
IMG_3001
Fresh roses from local big chain in the prettiest colors that compliment the blue and is repeated in the floral painting.  I was still tweaking it here.  It started with the roses in a clear glass pitcher.


IMG_2992
IMG_3007

Still tweaking...

IMG_3065

 Then I kept tweaking the gallery wall by taking away a print and adding two lamps with the same blue and white.  One small lamp is sitting on the top of the red books on the green chest.  The other lamp is much taller and I added it to the fabric covered round table.  You can't see the table in these photos but you have seen it plenty of times before.  Then I added two blue and white jars to the mantel.  I just acquired these babies and was up very late playing with them.  It was getting close to early morning so I decided I would just stay up because the morning light is so good.  Well...you know what happened.  I fell asleep but then I woke up and the living room was lit up like a stage for a play!  I had all the curtains open and the lights on from before I fell asleep.  So it was all good!



IMG_3097

I am not going to tell you that this is a collection of blue and white I have been acquiring carefully over the years and am continuing to slowly build.  Heck no!  I am in my fifties and don't have forever!


IMG_3090

What have you been up to?



Jan






2 comments:

  1. Hi Jannie! Oh, your mantel is so pretty and I love the tilt of your mirror and your pretty room reflecting!
    Love your style.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete