Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Post

I hope you are doing good.  We had warm weather this weekend and it was great.  A little wind with it but it was very nice.  I have a few photos to share with you.


IMG_2507
It was a gift of a day with blue skies on Saturday.


IMG_2784
I managed to 'play' a little on the back porch.


IMG_2576
We went out to a field to catch the sunset and I started taking photos of the tall grass with the sun turning it into gold.


IMG_2564




IMG_2615
With a whisper of sun left, you can see the bare January trees outline.


IMG_2713
I know February is here and lots of ladies will be getting flowers this Valentine's Day.  There are some that won't receive them from a special someone for different reasons, I say go get them for yourself!  Don't let yourself feel down, go and get them early so you can enjoy them before they get picked over.  After all, you know what kind of flowers you want the most. :)


IMG_2625



IMG_2736






IMG_2657
I came across an egret at the lake today.  Egret ~ A heron with mainly white plumage, having long plumes in the breeding season.  I usually can't get close enough to one to get a good shot but I think this one was really hungry and was only focused on feeding.


IMG_2658
They usually fly off before you could think about getting close.


IMG_2669
Have a happy week!






Jan




4 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Gorgeous photos of Nature during the Winter, dear friend!!!
    I can, almost, smell the heady fragrance from your beautiful roses!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! We are enjoying warmer temps this winter for sure but I do hope we don't get more bad weather because of it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ninny! These are the most fun to take for me.

      Delete