Sunday, January 10, 2016

Missing Green

During these short cold days of January I find myself longing for the green days of June.  I really don't mind the cold but miss the view of green hovering heavily on trees outside my door.   The cool/cold air is a temporary haven for the body but not for the soul.   For many southerners it is a necessity to endure summer's heat to enjoy the fruits of our address.


dahlia2




NewEnglandHome
New England Home


small field of purple




lonny.comhttp
Lonny.com


pink roses






anigif_enhanced-26912-1394574454-15


Sarah Jessica Parker's home


rose of sharon




House Beautiful
House Beautiful


IMG_1655




Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald


IMG_2431




Eric Ross Interiors
Eddie Ross Interiors


IMG_3178




8e7545697e99ac342fa60b9615a349ed
elmueble.com


mimosa tree




Kylie M Interiors
Kylie M Interiors


gardenias




1577a1d90e83ab0d03f75e402c9beeba
Mossy green library - Ben Pentreath, photo by Jan Baldwin~ Seen on The Fuller View


IMG_0085




Illinois designer Cindy Bardes Galvin
Illinois Designer Cindy Bardes Galvin


IMG_2264




e868ecfba62e8b7e5c151f6db0f00d74
housebeautiful.com


hydrangea




IMG_7825






Jan





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the lovely greeen! Love the Mary McDonald room, but it is hard to pick a favorite. All your lovely flowers, please send gardening tips. I'm a newbie with all the flowers and such, but am managing to keep a few house plants alive and I spotted a few hyacinth and daffodils coming up yesterday. I do not like the cool/cold. I hope for a warm early Spring. And lots of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Ms Princess! I wish I could help you with your gardening tips but I know so little. I was fortunate to marry a man with a green thumb for the most part. Living in the south, I do like to pick up tips from Southern Living on flowers/shrubs and trees and "remind" the mister on tips that I run across.

      Delete
  2. Jan,
    Your Gardens are absolutely lovely, dear friend!!!
    Living here on the Prairie of the Midwest, I enjoy experiencing all four Seasons!!!
    Each one gives me time to reflect, or time to act!!!
    Those interiors shared here are exquisite and filled with inspiring ideas!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you walk through each picture you have shared here and soak in the beautiful colors. I miss green too.

    ReplyDelete