Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cool Mornings With Blue


Early mornings are required to be spent outside.  There's much to see from the day before.  I love blue this time of year when it's so hot outdoors.  After spending time watering I like to cool off inside with blue around me.  Blue is always the color I turn to in the summer to cool off.  The brighter the blue the more intense the cool.  It can be as simple as a vignette with a blue and white dinner plate and fresh flowers.  The magenta flowers turn up the intensity of the blue.  The blue hydrangeas cool things down even more.


IMG_0368
You don't have to use a lot of new things to visually cool your home down.  I love blue plates out and love to pair them with colors that intensify the hue.


IMG_0311
Fortunately my wallpaper in the dining room has a rich blue included.  But to tell you the truth I wouldn't let anything stand in the way of blue in the summer.

IMG_0375


IMG_0344
Vintage glasses hold the hydrangeas.  The lavender lamp bought so many years past.  Magenta carnations paired with another flower from the local chain store.

IMG_9011
Love those sweet dahlias!
IMG_9039
Wisteria in June.  After it was cut back, we gained some blooms.
IMG_0303

IMG_8970

IMG_0365

IMG_9001
They look so different according to the time of day and light.
IMG_0362
I know neutrals are popular but the green on my buffet helps the blue stand out more.
IMG_0350

IMG_0426

IMG_0334

IMG_0415

IMG_0366



Jan















No comments:

Post a Comment