Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Rose of Sharon Table


The Rose of sharon is blooming pretty in the yard now.  I thought I would put a little table together with some blooms.  This tablecloth was found in Alabama a good while back.  It's very vintage and the colors are bright and fun.

IMG_9830

I recently came across these juice glasses and they are each holding a stem.  They happen to be the exact same shade as my green vase.

IMG_9793

This is the vase I used not long ago with a tape grid across the top here.

IMG_9855



IMG_9826

One thing you need to know, don't wait to take that tape off!

IMG_9771

I used some regular tape I had on hand for everyday, not the floral tape when I did the grid. I had every intention of using it again right away so I just rinsed it out.  P. Allen Smith will tell you to always clean out your vases, etc. with hot soapy water and a little bleach to kill whatever bacteria may have started to grow in your container.  That way your new flowers start off with a good clean start.  I didn't listen to P. Allen Smith.  I usually listen to everything he says.  However I didn't listen to him this one time.  I just didn't want to waste tape if I was about to use the vase right away.

IMG_9789

Then I decided to use it and took the tape off.   It wasn't good. There are strips of green lifted from the vase.

IMG_9897


IMG_9849

IMG_9777

I should have listened to P. Allen Smith.  It wasn't a cheap vase.

IMG_9775

Well, it wasn't expensive for me because I found it at a very good price.  But the original sticker was still on the bottom and it wasn't a cheap vase.

IMG_9797

So lesson learned!

IMG_9791

IMG_9878

Meanwhile my new fig bush has fruit!

IMG_9811


IMG_9864



Jan





No comments:

Post a Comment