Sunday, April 24, 2016

An April Day



Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil.
Bishop Reginald Heber

IMG_5160

Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment.
Ellis Peters



IMG_5102

April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. -William Shakespeare




IMG_5073

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. -Ruth Stout





IMG_5182

April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.
William Shakespeare


 

IMG_5142

An optimist is the human personification of spring. -Susan J. Bissonette




IMG_5076

Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom. -Margaret Elizabeth Sangster




IMG_5162

Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer. -Geoffrey B. Charlesworth




IMG_5108

The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. -Harriet Ann Jacobs




IMG_5064

I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature’s rebirth? -Edward Giobbi




IMG_5129

What a strange thing! to be alive beneath cherry blossoms.
Kobayashi Issa







IMG_5181

It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want – oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! -Mark Twain




IMG_5154

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.
Helen Hayes




IMG_5176

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. -Virgil A. Kraft




Jan





1 comment:

  1. You read my mind with those quotes! And your flowers are to die for.
    :)
    http://gwingal.blogspot.com/2016/04/from-ugly-metal-utility-shed.html

    ReplyDelete