Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rosemary Is In The Bedroom


Hey!  How are ya’ll?  The master bedroom is wearing its red and white toile duvet cover.  I thought I would start decorating for Christmas a little at a time.  We have rosemary growing in the backyard, it was huge this summer but a lot of it has died.  The rosemary has been doing great for years now but it was planted next to a hickory tree that fell on our house this fall.  What?  I didn’t tell you?  Yes ~ it fell on our balcony upstairs off the master.  I wasn’t home when it happened and my mister was at work.  The fur babies were fine too!  So no one was hurt!  I had mixed feelings about that hickory tree.  It dropped those nuts right on our metal roof and bam!  It made a lot of noise and sometimes I would jump out of my skin!

On to the bedroom, I brought my red and white plate with fresh rosemary from the yard.  I received the vintage perfume bottle as a gift several years back.  The green ceramic container with the pink rose resting on top belonged to my grandmother.  My green stripes curtains and red toile duvet cover bring in the traditional Christmas colors.











Green striped chaise with green striped curtains.  My valances have all the colors in them to tie this all together.




My uncle made this.  It’s dark but I think that sometimes that looks best.  Especially with my many colors and patterns, it helps ground the room.












That’s the same fabric I used for the tablecloth I used this summer outside.   I liked it so much I had my valances made with it.   It has all the colors I love so I can bring in different fabrics but they all mix really well.  If you have followed my blog for long you know I like to mix fabrics.









The balcony redone after the tree fell.  We have to paint the floor and it will be completely fixed.






Jan









No comments:

Post a Comment