Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Coffee Before Breakfast

 
 
 
 
 
Hey!  How are you doing?  Are you still recuperating from Thanksgving?  Me too!  My house is a disaster right now as I have barely started to decorate for Christmas.  Do you have to pull out all of your decorations and go through them one by one to start the process?  I have tried not to but they are all one by one coming out of the little closet they stay packed in during the year.
 
I thought I would be closer to be finished but nay.  You see we had amazing food Thanksgiving.  However I didn’t look at the labels.  I know better than that because I have a strong reaction to food with monosodium glutamate or msg in it.   It makes me a hateful woman!  The reason I am sharing this is I know a lot of women especially are having issues with pain.  I don’t pretend to know your situation but if I have too much msg laden food I hurt all over my body very bad.  I can’t sleep and I want to cry.  I am blessed that I know what is causing my pain.  Learn to read labels if you want to see if msg is causing you pain.  It hides under many other names.  Our FDA allows this.  It is poison to your body.  Today the msg heavy cloud has lifted and maybe I can get something done around here.
 
I have noticed this post being read a lot in my numbers so I thought I would share it with you today.
 
 
 
 

Good morning!  I thought we could have coffee before eating breakfast this morning.  It's nice to get outside before it gets hot.  We have geese that live on the lake here. We aren't beside it but are right down the lane from it.



According to Wikipedia during the second year of their lives, Canada geese find a mate. They are monogamous, and most couples stay together all of their lives. If one dies, the other may find a new mate. The female lays from 2–9 eggs with an average of five and both parents protect the nest while the eggs incubate, but the female spends more time at the nest than the male.  That's how it goes for most females, spending more time in the nest!







Its nest is usually located in an elevated area near water such as streams, lakes, ponds and sometimes on a beaver lodge. Its eggs are laid in a shallow depression lined with plant material and down.
The incubation period, in which the female incubates while the male remains nearby, lasts for 24–28 days after laying. As the annual summer molt also takes place during the breeding season, the adults lose their flight feathers for 20–40 days, regaining flight at about the same time as their goslings start to fly.








As soon as the goslings hatch they are immediately capable of walking, swimming and finding their own food (a diet similar to the adult geese). Parents are often seen leading their goslings in a line, usually with one adult at the front, and the other at the back. While protecting their goslings, parents often violently chase away nearby creatures, from small blackbirds to lone humans that approach, after warning them by giving off a hissing sound and will then attack with bites and slaps of the wings if the threat does not retreat or has seized a gosling. Most of the species that prey on eggs will also take a gosling. Although parents are hostile to unfamiliar geese, they may form groups of a number of goslings and a few adults, called crèches.




The offspring enter the fledging stage any time from 6 to 9 weeks of age. They do not leave their parents until after the spring migration, when they return to their birthplace.





I love watching them!  They are on the road quite a bit and we have to wait for the Geese crossing.











Jan



Treasure Hunt Thursday





10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Janet! I love the blue tablecloth with that gorgeous bouquet of pink flowers. Such a classic look. Followed your from Pamela's link party. Have a great weekend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! Sounds like you are a fan of the blue color as well. Thanks for stopping to comment!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely setting, Janet. Those cups are so pretty. And thank you for the information on the geese. I love seeing them. They are so majestic!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! They are majestic, I agree!

      Delete
  3. Happy to have found you via Katherine's Corner! This setting is absolutely perfect for a nice beverage and quiet reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you came by Sandra! It's great to sit out there in the mornings.

      Delete
  4. Pretty table- I especially like the pitcher. I have a crock that reminds me of that. Interesting read about the geese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! That pitcher was a consignment store find. Loved the blue color!

      Delete
  5. So pretty Jan and the blue looks so cool and refreshing! I love Canada geese. My Mom and Daddy used to live on a small lake where there were lots of them and I so enjoyed feeding them every time I visited.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's touching to know, I imagine you have lots of memories there. Kids do love feeding them. In the summer I see grandchildren around the lake making memories with grandparents. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete