Sunday, August 23, 2015

Evangeline


Hello!  I am sharing a little Cajun history with you today.  There are recipes and a little history.



It is an Evangeline Sauce recipes and history pamphlet.  I never ate anything like this growing up buy my mister sure did.  It used to be that even a short distance could create such a difference in culture and what we ate and how we ate.  Now more than ever the lines are blurred.


This little book was my mother-in-law's.





Evangeline Sauce!





Some great recipes to try or suit to your taste.  Either way it's a fun read!

















A little history.








Frog legs continued on this page below, at the top, above the Canards (wild ducks).









Hot, spicy foods are a little much for my taste but my family loves it!






Jan






No comments:

Post a Comment