Monday, January 9, 2017

Color Your Home Cozy


It's here, there's no denying it now.  Winter has had its grip on a lot of us the past few days.  The colorless landscape that surrounds us makes me crave color.  I know that for my happiness factor to stay up I need color surrounding me now more than ever.

Many decorate with little color now but if there is a season for it, I would say now is the most important time to decorate with it.  To come home to a home filled with color after being out in cold gloomy weather is akin to coming home to your pets, your family and the smell of food cooking and warmth.  It's an embrace that lifts one soul, one's spirit.

img_1756



img_1646



img_1710

Another painting by my greatgrandmother.  I haven't brought this one out and think it is very appropriate for this time of year.  It's a wintry landscape grouped with roses and paperwhites, the pinecones were from the yard.  Color, texture and emerging life!

img_1900


Another of her paintings directly above this one. 

img_1930

Cranberries that were still good and they brought more vitality to the coffee table.


img_1907


Pull a warm color out, it will perform magic.

img_1910



img_1854



img_1978



img_1976




Jan









No comments:

Post a Comment