Friday, May 23, 2014

The Beginning

Today I am showing you some photos from blog posts when I just began. I have many new readers that probably haven't seen these and I wanted to share these with you.  I shared photos with just a couple of sentences in the beginning.

 
 
 

Mercury glass holding red and pink flowers
 
 
 
 
 

This is a Pottery Barn pillowcase just big enough for the tiny table I have. I knew you don't usually hear of anyone doing that!  But it worked perfectly and if you have a  typical side table I imagine the flat sheet would work and it would be already hemmed.   I had berries left over from decorating for Christmas and these are the rose heads I popped off and on the plate they went.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
My daughter received these roses and while she was busy I couldn't help but to 'borrow' them and get several shots of them.   I noticed how well they went with a plate I hang over my mantel and I started taking lots of photos.  The colors were complete matches.
 
 
 
 

The Japanese Magnolia painting was done by my daughter.  When our tree bloomed I placed the living flowers on top of the painting along with a painted plate.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
When helping decorate my daughter's apartment during her senior year in college this is some of the things bought to complete the look.
 
 
 
 

 
This was put together on a particularly cold day.  I remember how warm the photo felt to me with the black fabric lit up by the warm sun.
 
 
 

This was the first photo I placed on my blog.  I was amazed that I actually got the bee in the photo!









Jan





Savvy Southern Style
 








Linking up to: http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/2014/05/tweak-it-tuesday-91.html





2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet: Just love all these colors. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martha! And thanks for coming by! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete